Friday, March 10, 2023

Chapel of St-Tremeur de Cleden-Cap-Sizun Paper Model - by Secanda

This is the Chapel of St-Tremeur de Cleden-Cap-Sizun, located in the western tip of Brittany (Cap Sizun region), the newest paper model in 1/100 scale created by my friend, the French designer and modeler Secanda. 

The Chapel of St-Tremeur was built on top of a hill overlooking the village. It has a square plan and is of late Gothic style. 

Tremeur is a local saint in Brittany and not recognized by the Catholic Church. He belongs to the group of holy cephalophores (who use their heads after decapitation). Many places of worship are dedicated to him in Brittany. 

The main feature of this chapel is the presence on its south façade of a very long inscription (half the length of the façade). This inscription is in Breton and indicates the dedication of the chapel (Saint Gweltaz/Gildas and Saint Tremeur) and the date of its foundation: 1538. 

The chapel bell is not a church bell, but a ship's bell. It was recovered from an English ship that sank in the 19th century off the coast of the neighboring bay of Audierne. 

You will find many other unique paper models there, as can be seen on the images of this post.

Some curiosities about Secanda and his creative process, in his own words: - "Secanda means "stuff to cut" in Latin language. I use just an old basic multilayer photo editor, that I use as a paper with pencil and compass. 

I don't use 3D editors because first I don't know at all how to use them and then I don't like very much the paper models made only with 3D tools. For my taste, they look often as nightclub mirror balls... 

For my taste again, it's better to feel the hand of the drawer even if the result is rougher and less perfect. 

However the real reason is maybe I'm too lazy or too stupid or too old, or the three in the same time, to learn how to use a 3D editor."

"Many thanks, Secanda, for more one great model! Greetings from Brazil to France!" - Mauther

Esta é a Capela St-Tremeur de Cleden-Cap-Sizun, localizada na ponta oeste da Bretanha (região de Cap Sizun), o mais novo modelo de papel na escala 1/100 criado por meu amigo, o designer e modelista francês Secanda. 

A Capela de St-Tremeur foi erguida no topo de uma colina com vista para a aldeia. Apresenta uma planta quadrada e é de estilo gótico tardio. 

Tremeur é um santo local na Bretanha e não reconhecido pela Igreja Católica. Ele pertence ao grupo dos santos cefalóforos (que usam a cabeça após a decapitação). Muitos locais de culto são dedicados a ele na Bretanha. 

A principal característica desta capela é a presença na sua fachada sul de uma inscrição muito longa (metade do comprimento da fachada). Esta inscrição é em bretão e indica a dedicação da capela (Saint Gweltaz/Gildas e Saint Tremeur) e a data da sua fundação: 1538. 

O sino da capela não é um sino de igreja, mas um sino de navio. Foi recuperado de um navio inglês que naufragou no século XIX na costa da baía vizinha de Audierne. 

Você vai encontrar muitos outros modelos exclusivos lá, como pode ser visto nas imagens deste post.

Algumas curiosidades sobre Secanda e seu processo criativo, nas palavras do próprio: - "Secanda significa "coisas para cortar" em latim. Eu uso apenas um velho editor de fotos básicas multicamadas, que uso como papel, lápis e compasso. 

Eu não uso editores 3D porque primeiro eu não sei como usá-los e eu não gosto muito dos modelos de papel feitos apenas com ferramentas 3D. Para o meu gosto, eles parecem frequentemente com bolas espelhadas de discoteca ... 

Na minha opinião novamente, é melhor sentir a mão no desenho, mesmo se o resultado for mais rude e menos perfeito. 

No entanto, a verdadeira razão é que talvez eu seja muito preguiçoso ou muito estúpido ou muito velho, ou os três ao mesmo tempo, para aprender como usar um editor 3D."

"Muito obrigado, Secanda, por mais um belo modelo! Saudações do Brasil à França!" - Mauther

Link:
A.Big.Papercraft.Collection.About.Ancient.European.Architecture.by.Secanda

More Architectural Original Paper Models by Secanda related posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment